Lower elevation summits are finally starting to thaw, so it is finally time to start getting those gnarly “hill” climb training runs going! My favorite includes 3200 feet of gain in less than two miles, a buddy, and a shuttle system. So lace up your shoes, put on your hydration pack (you’ll need it), and start sucking wind!
Northwest Ridge of Grandeur Peak to the summit, drop down the south facing side to Church Fork trail in Millcreek Canyon, hit Pipeline trail, run down Rattlesnake Gulch…. A car should be waiting for you there to shuttle you back to the other car.
- Distance from trailhead to summit – 2.14 miles
- Elevation gain – 3, 287 feet
- Distance from Summit to Rattlesnake Gulch TH – approx. 6 miles
- This is a steep route up/down and there is a lot of loose rock and scree.
- This time of year there is still some snow but it doesn’t cause too much trouble.
- Make sure you have enough water, especially if you are taking your pooch. You won’t hit water until Church Fork and Pipeline trails merge.
- Have a leash for the pooch if it is an even day!
- Bring $3 if you don’t have a Millcreek Canyon annual pass.
- BREATHE DEEP, SMILE, and ENJOY!!
- Stretch your ITB, it will thank you later….. TRUST ME!